Theatre Company Stages ‘Holiday Spectacular’
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OCEAN CITY 12/14/22
Admission Buttons on Sale for First Night Ocean City
The Ocean City Music Pier stage will light up with the sights and sounds of the season as the Ocean City Theatre Company presents four performances of its 2022 Holiday Spectacular this weekend. Tickets are on sale now for the annual show.
A cast of professional singers and dancers will present a high-energy, family-oriented song-and-dance tribute to the holidays. This year’s production features new musical numbers, including a Christmas-at-the-beach section, an explosive gospel song, and a Broadway tap Winter Wonderland finale.
Performances will be:
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16
- 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec 18
The production will be staged at the Music Pier (Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk) with free parking nearby. Admission is $20 for adults and $18 for seniors and kids under age 12. Purchase at oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, by calling 609-399-6111, or in-person at the City Hall Welcome Center (9th Street and Asbury Avenue) or the Roy Gillian Welcome Center (on the causeway leading to Ninth Street).
ADMISSION BUTTONS ON SALE FOR FIRST NIGHT OCNJ
Come celebrate a family-friendly New Year’s Eve in Ocean City, N.J. First Night offers 40 different shows and activities at 23 venues throughout town. You will find entertainment that satisfies every taste and age group.
Spend “Saturday in the Park” and catch “Saturday Night Fever” at the Music Pier on Saturday, Dec. 31 as the Music Pier features the BeeGees tribute band Stayin Alive and the high-energy Chicago tribute band Brass Transit. The return of perennial favorites like outdoor ice-skating, rides, magic shows, the Harlem Wizards and a variety of musical performances also highlight the entertainment lineup.
First Night celebrates its 30th anniversary in Ocean City this year. The event was modeled after an alcohol-free New Year’s Eve celebration in Boston that marked the nation’s bicentennial in 1976. The first celebration in Ocean City included 25 entertainment acts at five different locations with about 800 people attending. While other First Night events have faded, Ocean City’s has only grown more popular with families making it an annual tradition for a safe New Year’s Eve. Today, attendance is capped at 10,000 with admission buttons selling out year after year.
All-inclusive admission buttons are on sale now. One price ($20) is good for all events. For more information and to purchase buttons, visit firstnightocnj.com, call 609-399-6111 or stop by the City Hall Welcome Center or the Roy Gillian Welcome Center near the Ninth Street Bridge.
Free Horse and Carriage Rides (weekends through Dec. 17-18):
- Noon to 3 p.m. with boarding at Sixth Street and Asbury Avenue. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
Visits With Santa (weekends through Dec. 17-18):
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Mark Soifer Park (Ninth Street and Asbury Avenue). For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
Photos With Santa in an OCBP Lifeguard Boat (weekends through Dec. 17-18):
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
First Night New Year’s Eve Celebration (Dec. 31):
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with the entire family. The 30th anniversary of this Ocean City event will feature traditional favorites like rides, ice-skating and magicians, along with headline entertainment including the Chicago tribute band Brass Transit and the Bee Gees tribute band Stayin’ Alive. For a complete schedule and to purchase all-inclusive admission buttons, please visit firstnightocnj.com.
First Day Celebration (Jan. 1, 2023):