Registration for Ocean City Race Events Opens Feb. 1
What’s Happening in Ocean City
Sign up for Running, Walking and Triathlon Events
If your New Year’s resolution includes getting back in shape, why not set a goal by registering for one of Ocean City’s 2023 race events?
From the early-spring OC-CON Super Hero Run through the popular fall OCNJ Half Marathon and Trail of Two Cities, the city’s Recreation Department sponsors a series of races that feature spectacular views of the ocean, bay and boardwalk. Registration for all events opens on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
The 2023 schedule is as follows:
- OC CON Super Hero Run & Kids Obstacle Course (March 25, 2023): The annual OC-Con Comic Book and Memorabilia Show features a one-mile boardwalk run for costumed “superheroes” and an obstacle course race for kids.
- Triathlon/Duathlon (May 21, 2023): A great event for families and first-time competitors includes short distances and options with or without the swim portion.
- Labor Day Race (September 4, 2023): An annual Labor Day tradition includes a 5-mile race on the beach and 1-mile events for adults and kids.
- OCNJ Half Marathon (September 24, 2023): Ocean City’s premier event showcases the island’s neighborhoods, downtown business district, beaches and boardwalk. The event also features a 10-mile non-competitive walk/run and a 5-kilometer race.
- Trail of Two Cities (October 28, 2023): The 27th annual Trail of Two Cities covers a 5-kilometer point-to-point course along the Route 52 causeway from Ocean City to Somers Point.
For more information and registration for all races, visit www.ocnj.us/race-events.