Boyar’s was established in 1924
by Louis Boyar. Since that time this family owned business has seen many changes. Starting as a fruit and produce stand, and then expanding to a small neighborhood meat and grocery store after taking over the original Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company store at 13th and Asbury Ave.
During the mid 1980’s Scott & Gail Ping joined Robert Blutinger (the one remaining original family member) and what was once a seasonal business became a year round store. Robert Salvucci joined the Boyar’s Family in latter part of the 80’s.
In 2004 we made the investment to keep Boyar’s Food Market as a mainstay in the community when we built our new store, where the old one stood for so many years.
Our commitment to Ocean City its residents and visitors is something we are proud of and we will continue to bring quality food and service to Ocean City and the Southern New Jersey Area.